Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Research Blog #7




My Case

One of the main cases that I'm going to use for my argument is the case of Ken Ilgunas. This is obviously a book that we are all familiar with. His story really shoes the economic struggle that college students go through and the lengths at which people are willing to go to beat the system. Ken Ilgunas was determined to achieve his goal of graduate school and he really didnt care the methods he used to accomplish it. This seems to be the overall culture today in regards to schooling and I think that his case will fit in perfectly into the argument that I am trying to make. 



2 comments:

  1. This does not seem a great case for you at all. After all: where is the cheating?
    You know what would be the perfect case? Dave Tomar's "The Shadow Scholar":
    http://books.google.com/books?id=91ta5Ee43lQC
    You can get a good preview there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wouldn't say that it is cheating in the formal sense of looking off someone else's paper, but the point that I am trying to argue is that their is a cheating culture surrounding my generation. Ilgunas didn't cheat academically, but I would like to argue that he cheated the system. I am definitely going to look into Dave Tomar's book though.

      Delete